Meet Andy Eastwood, yoUr new UkUlele tUtor
Andy Eastwood is a world-renowned entertainer and ukulele player. He read music at Oxford University where he graduated as their first musician ever to give a degree recital on the ukulele. Andy is a multi-instrumentalist who has performed all around the world, including appearances on BBC television. As part of his quest to demonstrate the ukulele’s worth as a ‘serious’ instrument Andy has released many CDs and DVDs including a suite of classical pieces arranged as challenging instrumental solos.
Octopus are delighted to be working in partnership with Andy on an ever-expanding series of videos, which we like to call the Octopus Ukulele Academy
In his first series of tuition videos Andy gets you started by covering topics such as tuning your ukulele, how to develop a good strumming technique, and understanding chord diagrams.
Video 1: How to hold the ukulele
- Correct left & right hand placement
- Holding the instrument in different performance situations
- Optimum strumming position
Video 2: Basic strumming
- Six important things to consider when strumming
- Bad habits to avoid
- Wrist position and finger attack
Video 3: How To read ukulele chord diagrams
- Analysing chord construction
- Understanding finger position
- The importance of ear training